- 185g butter, softened
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 cups Lighthouse Cake, Biscuit and Pastry plain flour
- Preheat oven to 180ÂºC/160ÂºC fan-forced. Line 3 baking trays with baking paper.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar and vanilla until pale and creamy. Add egg. Beat until combined. Sift flour over butter mixture. Using a wooden spoon, stir to combine. See notes for baking instructions and tips.
- Place cookies 4cm apart on prepared trays. Bake for 10-12 minutes until light golden. For even colouring, swap trays halfway through cooking time. If dough gets a little soft after rolling, place in fridge until firm enough to handle. If rolling dough, form dough into a disc. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes before rolling.