- 125g butter, at room temperature
- 155g (3/4 cup) caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 200g (1 1/3 cups) self-raising flour
- 50g (1/2 cup) cocoa powder
- 185ml (3/4 cup) milk
- 16 Arnott's Tiny Teddy chocolate biscuits
- 1 x 395g can condensed milk
- 1 tbs golden syrup
- 30g butter
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line sixteen 125ml (1/2-cup) capacity muffin pans with paper cases. Use an electric beater to beat the butter and sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla. Fold in the flour and cocoa, alternately with the milk, until combined.
- Spoon the mixture among paper cases. Bake for 15 minutes or until a skewer inserted into centres comes out clean. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the caramel topping, place the condensed milk, golden syrup and butter in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring constantly, for 10 minutes or until mixture thickens.Transfer to a heatproof bowl and stir for 1-2 minutes or until cooled slightly.
- Spread 2 teaspoons of caramel topping over each cupcake. Set aside for 30 minutes to set. Top cupcakes with biscuits to serve.
- Prepare this recipe to the end of step 2 up to 1 day ahead. Store in an airtight container. Continue from step 3 up to 2 hours ahead.
Preparation Time40 - 80 minutes
Cooking Time25 minutes