- 1 cup (150g) plain flour, sifted
- a pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups (310ml) milk
- 15g butter, melted
- White sugar and lemon wedges, to serve
- Place 1 cup (150g) plain flour, sifted, and a pinch of salt in a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the centre. Use a balloon whisk to mix together 2 eggs, 1 1/4 cups (310ml) milk and 15g butter, melted.
- Pour the milk mixture into flour and whisk, gradually incorporating the flour until smooth and well combined. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat an 18-20cm crepe pan or small frying pan over a medium heat. Lightly grease with butter. Pour 1/4 cup (60ml) crepe batter into the pan and swirl to coat the base. Cook for 2 minutes or until golden and lacy. Turn over and cook for a further 30 seconds. Transfer to a plate and repeat with the remaining batter. Serve scattered with white sugar and a lemon wedge.