Ingredients (serves 6)
- 150ml olive oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 (200g) sebago potatoes, cut into 3cm pieces
- 3 heads (1kg) broccoli, trimmed into 3cm florets
- 1/2 cup (125ml) pouring cream
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 18 scallops, without roe
- Chervil or flat-leaf parsley leaves, to serve
- Heat 2 tbs oil in a heavy-based saucepan over low-medium heat and cook onions, garlic and 2 tsp salt for 5 minutes. Add potatoes and 5 cups water and bring to the boil. Add broccoli and simmer for 10 minutes or until just tender. Cool slightly then blend, in 3 batches, in a food processor until smooth. Return soup to pan. Stir in cream and season to taste with pepper. When ready to serve, gently reheat over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, process parsley and 100ml oil in a food processor until smooth, then strain through a fine sieve.
- Heat remaining oil in a frying pan over high heat and cook scallops for 30 seconds each side or until just tender. Serve soup topped with scallops and chervil leaves, drizzled with parsley oil.