- 150g butter, chopped
- 2 x 180g blocks dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup plain flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup milk choc bits
- Cocoa powder, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Grease a 3cm-deep, 20cm x 30cm (base) lamington pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, allowing a 2cm overhang on all sides.
- Place butter and dark chocolate in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes or until smooth and combined. Remove from heat. Stir in brown sugar and caster sugar. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Stir in eggs, vanilla, flour, milk and choc bits. Pour mixture into prepared pan. Level top. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until top is firm to touch. Cool in pan. Cut into squares. Dust with cocoa powder. Serve.
- Variation: Replace milk choc bits with white choc bits or melts.Tip: For less dense brownies, bake for a further 10 minutes. Cover with foil if over-browning during baking.