- 300g (2 cups) self-raising flour
- 155g (3/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 x 250g pkt Nestle milk choc bits
- 60ml (1/4 cup) milk
- 125g butter, melted
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 x 453g ctn vanilla frosting
- 130g (1 1/2 cups) desiccated coconut
- 12-14 drops blue food colouring
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line thirty-six 30ml (1 1/2-tbs) capacity mini muffin pans with paper cases.
- Combine the flour, sugar and choc bits in large bowl. Combine the milk, butter, egg and vanilla essence in a large jug. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Spoon the mixture among the prepared muffin pans. Bake in oven for 12-15 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centres comes out clean. Set aside for 2-3 minutes, then turn onto a wire rack. Set aside for 1 hour to cool completely.
- Spread the cupcakes evenly with frosting. Place the coconut in a plastic bag. Add the food colouring to the coconut and shake until well coloured. Sprinkle the cupcakes with coconut to serve.
- Prep: 15 mins (+ 1 hour 5 mins cooling time)
- Vanilla frosting is available from the baking aisle of Woolworths supermarkets.
Preparation Time15 minutes
Cooking Time15 minutes