- 750g Baby Coliban (Chat) potatoes (see note)
- 1 chorizo sausage, thinly sliced (see note)
- 1 cup fresh continental parsley leaves
- 85g (1/2 cup) stuffed green olives
- 2 tbs chopped fresh chives
- 60ml (1/4 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbs white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 1/2 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp caster sugar
- Cook the potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling water for 7 minutes or until just tender. Drain. Set aside to cool slightly. Cut the potatoes in half and place in a large bowl.
- Heat a frying pan over high heat. Cook the chorizo for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Add the chorizo, parsley, olives and chives to the potato.
- Whisk the oil, vinegar, lemon rind, paprika, cumin and sugar in a bowl until well combined. Drizzle the dressing over the potato mixture. Toss to combine.
- If Baby Coliban (Chat) potatoes are unavailable, use small Lady Christl potatoes.Use a gluten-free chorizo sausage to make this recipe gluten free.Picnic tip: For good food safety, store the salad in an airtight container in the fridge until just before leaving and transport in your esky or cooler bag.
Preparation Time10 minutes
Cooking Time15 minutes