- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 1.2 kg Kent pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, chopped
- 375ml can Carnation light & creamy coconut flavoured evaporated milk
- 1 large lime, juiced (you will need 1/4 cup juice)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped, plus extra, to serve
- 1 small red chilli, sliced, to serve
- Heat oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until soft. Add pumpkin, evaporated milk and 1 cup water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes or until pumpkin is soft.
- Remove saucepan from heat and set aside to cool for 10 minutes. Using a food processor or blender, process soup, in batches, until smooth. Pour puree into a clean saucepan. Add lime juice, fish sauce, chilli sauce and chopped coriander and heat over low heat until warmed through. Serve topped with coriander leaves and sliced chilli.
Preparation Time10 minutes
Cooking Time20 minutes