- Butter, to grease
- 1 1/4 cups (190g) self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup (115g) caster sugar
- 125g butter, melted, cooled
- 2 eggs
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup (150g) pure icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease 8 x 1/2 cup (125ml) mini loaf pans. Combine the flour and sugar in a large bowl.
- Whisk the butter and eggs together. Add to the flour mixture with the banana and mix until well combined.
- Spoon the cake batter evenly among the greased pans. Use the back of a spoon to smooth the surface. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Set aside for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled completely, mix the icing sugar with enough water to make an icing thin enough to pour. Drizzle the icing over the cakes and set aside to set.
- Storage: These cakes will keep in an airtight container for 4-5 days.