- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/4 cups cubed acorn squash
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 medium leek (white portion only), thinly sliced
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 small zucchini, halved and sliced
- 1/2 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place butter in a 3-qt. microwave-safe bowl; microwave on high for 20-30 seconds or until melted. Add the squash, carrot and leek; stir to coat. Cover and cook on high for 6 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients; cover and cook on high for 12-14 minutes or until vegetables and macaroni are tender, stirring twice. Discard bay leaf. Yield: 6 servings.