- 375g dried spaghetti pasta
- 150g shortcut rindless bacon, halved lengthways, cut into thin strips
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, to serve
- Cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain. Return to pan.
- Meanwhile, heat a frying pan over high heat. Add bacon. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until golden and crisp. Whisk eggs and cheese in a jug. Season with pepper.
- Add bacon and oil to pasta. Heat over low heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until combined. Remove from heat. Add egg mixture. Stir to combine. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve.
- You could add 1/2 cup frozen peas to the bacon when almost crisp.