- 1 x 400g packet Traditional English Tea Cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 80g softened butter, chopped
- 1/3 cup (80ml) milk
- 3/4 cup mashed banana (about 2 medium ripe bananas)
- 1/4 cup sultanas
- 1 tbs melted butter
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced). Line 12 x 1/2 cup muffin tins with paper cases.
- Place packet cake mix (reserve cinnamon sachet), eggs, butter and milk into the large bowl of an electric mixer. Beat on low speed until ingredients are moistened, then beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Stir in banana and sultanas until well combined. Divide mixture evenly between muffin pans, only filling to three-quarters full. Bake for 18-20 minutes until golden and cooked when tested.
- While still warm, brush tops of muffins with melted butter and sprinkle with the cinnamon topping sachet.
- You'll get better results if you centre the cake tin in the oven. To do this, position the oven rack in the lower part of the oven, so that when you put the cake in the top of the cake is in the middle.
Preparation Time10 minutes
Cooking Time30 minutes