- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 x 65cm baguette
- 200g piece feta cheese, sliced
- 80g semi-dried tomatoes
- 80g chargrilled capsicum, roughly chopped
- 80g chargrilled eggplant, roughly chopped
- Place basil, pine nuts, garlic and parmesan in a food processor. Process until finely chopped. With the motor running, gradually add oil until a thick pesto forms. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a bowl. Cover surface with plastic wrap and refrigerate until required.
- Cut baguette in half lengthways (do not cut all the way through). Open baguette to sit flat on bench. Spread both sides generously with pesto. Top base with feta, semi-dried tomatoes, capsicum and eggplant. Cover with baguette top.
- Cut baguette crossways into 4. Wrap securely in greaseproof paper. Serve.
- Tip: It's much cheaper to chargrill your own vegetables. Thinly slice vegetables, such as zucchini, eggplant, capsicum, pumpkin or carrot. Spray lightly with oil and barbecue for 3 to 4 minutes each side or until charred and tender. Allow to cool. Chargrilled vegetables will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for 1 week.