- 250g cream cheese, cubed, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (115g) caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup (40g) plain flour
Milk chocolate mixture
- 180g milk chocolate, chopped
- 160g butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup (155g) brown sugar
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 3/4 cup (115g) plain flour
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Line a 16cm x 26cm (base) slab pan with non-stick baking paper.
- For the cheesecake mixture, use an electric beater to beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs. Stir in vanilla extract and flour.
- For the chocolate mixture, melt the chocolate and butter in a medium microwave-safe bowl on Medium/50% power, stirring every minute for 1-2 minutes. Cool slightly. Add the sugar and eggs, and mix well. Stir in the flour.
- Spoon cheesecake mixture and chocolate mixture alternately into the pan. Make a swirled pattern with a fine skewer. Bake 20-25 minutes or until crumbs cling to a skewer when inserted. Set aside to cool completely.
- Tip: Most brownies are best eaten the day after they are made.
Makes: 18 pieces