- 85g sachet strawberry jelly crystals
- 2 tbs strawberry liqueur (optional)
- 375ml can evaporated milk
- 150ml thickened cream, whipped to soft peaks
- 2 tbs grated white chocolate
- Place jelly crystals in a large bowl. Whisk with 100ml boiling water to dissolve, then allow to cool. Add the liqueur, if using, then add the evaporated milk and use a hand-whisk to beat until thick and frothy.
- Pour the mixture into your prettiest serving glasses or dishes and chill for at least 4 hours or until set.
- When ready to serve, top each bavarois with whipped cream, white chocolate curls and strawberries, if desired.
- A classic bavarois is a chilled dessert of custard, cream, gelatine and fruit puree or other flavourings. This cheat's version is a great store-cupboard dessert. They're also lovely topped with sliced strawberries along with the cream and white chocolate.