- 225g white chocolate drops
- 70g unsalted butter, chopped
- 300ml thickened cream
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbs honey
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 1/3 cup (80ml) vodka
- 3 sheets of edible silver leaf*
- Place chocolate and butter in a bowl over a pan of gently simmering water (don't let bowl touch water) until melted. Stir gently to combine, remove from heat.
- Whip cream to soft peaks. In another bowl, beat eggs and honey until light and creamy. Fold melted chocolate into eggs, then carefully fold in cream, trying to retain as much air as possible. Place mixture in 4 serving glasses, cover and chill for at least 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, place sugar in a pan with 1 cup (250ml) water and stir over low heat until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to medium, simmer for 10 minutes, then remove from heat and cool completely. Add vodka to cooled syrup, then place in a blender with the silver leaf and blend for a few seconds until leaf is broken into small flakes. Top each mousse with sparkling syrup just before serving.
- * Edible silver leaf (vark) is from Indian food shops, and selected stationery and art supply shops.