- 1 head garlic, cloves peeled
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 60ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 11/2 tbs fresh lemon juice
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 6 pieces Lebanese bread
- Place the garlic cloves and salt in the bowl of a food processor and process until finely chopped. Gradually pour the oil and lemon juice in a thin stream and process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat barbecue grill on high. Cook bread on preheated barbecue grill for 1 minute each side or until brown and crisp. Brush garlic mixture evenly over both sides. Break into large pieces and serve immediately.
- You can carry out step 1 up to 3 hours ahead.
- To transport, carry garlic mixture in an airtight container away from sunlight.
Preparation Time10 minutes
Cooking Time5 minutes