- 12 mini roma tomatoes
- 1 large brown onion, cut into thin wedges
- 250g haloumi cheese, cut into 12 pieces
- 1 red capsicum, cut into 12 pieces
- 2 zucchini, cut into twelve 2cm-thick rounds
- 12 button mushrooms
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves, chopped
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- olive oil cooking spray
Feta and herb dip
- 250g feta cheese, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dill, chopped
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves, chopped
- Make feta and herb dip; Combine feta, garlic, 2 tablespoons lemon juice and oil in a food processor. Process until smooth. Remove to a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in dill and mint. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Thread tomatoes, onion, haloumi, capsicum, zucchini and mushrooms alternately onto skewers. Place kebabs, in a single layer, on a large plate.
- Whisk 1/4 cup lemon juice, oil, thyme, chilli and salt and pepper in a small bowl. Brush kebabs with marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Spray a cold barbecue plate with oil. Preheat on high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high. Cook kebabs for 3 to 4 minutes, turning often, or until vegetables are tender and cheese starts to melt. Serve kebabs warm with feta and herb dip.
EquipmentYou will need 12 pre-soaked skewers.