- 4-6 large field mushrooms, stalks removed
- olive oil
- 3 cups (600g) ricotta
- 60g sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup (20g) grated parmesan
- 2 teaspoons chopped oregano
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley, plus extra for garnish
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Brush the mushrooms on both sides with olive oil. Place mushrooms, cavity-side up on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper.
- Combine the ricotta, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, parmesan, oregano, parsley, salt and pepper and egg, in a large bowl.
- Divide the ricotta mixture between the mushroom cavities, piling the mixture roughly in the centre.
- Bake mushrooms for 15-20 minutes or until topping is golden and mushrooms are tender. Place on serving plate and sprinkle with extra chopped parsley. Serve with a green salad or toasted bread.
Preparation Time15 minutes
Cooking Time20 minutes