- 1 x 1L ctn vanilla ice-cream, softened slightly
- 2 x 50g Violet Crumble bars, coarsely chopped
- 60ml (1/4 cup) caramel topping
- Caramel topping, extra, to serve
- Melted butter, to grease
- 300g good-quality dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 125g butter, chopped
- 140g (2/3 cup) caster sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 225g (1 1/2 cups) plain flour
- To make the brownie, preheat oven to 180°C. Brush an 8 x 25cm (base measurement) bar pan with melted butter to lightly grease. Line the base and 2 long sides with non-stick baking paper, allowing it to overhang.
- Stir the chocolate and butter in a saucepan over low heat for 5 minutes or until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool.
- Add sugar and egg to the chocolate mixture and stir until just combined. Add the flour and stir until well combined. Pour into prepared pan and smooth the surface. Bake in oven for 45-50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, place the ice-cream in a large bowl. Add the Violet Crumble and caramel topping and gently fold until just combined. Place in a metal container and cover with foil. Place in the freezer for 4 hours or until set.
- Use a serrated knife to cut brownie crossways into twelve 1cm-thick slices. Place half the brownie slices on serving plates. Top with 2 scoops of ice-cream. Continue layering with remaining brownie and ice-cream. Drizzle with extra caramel sauce, if desired, and serve immediately.
Preparation Time15 minutes
Cooking Time55 minutes