- 150g (1 cup) plain flour
- 310ml (1 1/4 cups) milk
- 2 eggs
- 20g butter, melted
- Melted butter, extra, to grease
- Vanilla ice-cream, to serve
- 40g butter
- 2 red apples (such as royal gala),
- quartered, cored, cut into thick wedges
- 55g (1/4 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 80ml (1/3 cup) thickened cream
- Sift the flour into a bowl. Make a well in the centre. Whisk together the milk and eggs in a jug. Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture, whisking constantly until smooth. Stir in the butter. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to rest.
- Meanwhile, to make the caramelised apple: melt the butter in a frying pan over medium heat until foaming. Add apple and cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden. Add sugar and cream and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until sauce thickens and apple is tender.
- Heat a crepe pan or 18cm (base measurement) non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Brush with the extra melted butter to lightly grease. Add 2 tablespoons of batter and tilt the pan in a circular motion, swirling the batter to cover the base. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the edge begins to curl. Turn and cook for a further 1-2 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a plate and cover with a clean tea towel to keep warm. Repeat, in 13 more batches, with melted butter and remaining batter, reheating the pan between batches.
- Fold crepes into quarters. Divide among serving plates. Top with the caramelised apple. Serve with ice-cream.
- Tip: Try using 3 medium bananas, peeled and halved, instead of the red apples.