- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 rasher gluten-free rindless middle bacon, chopped
- 100g button mushrooms, sliced
- 2/3 cup arborio rice
- 2 tablespoons finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup polenta
- salad leaves, to serve
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook onion and garlic for 4 minutes or until softened. Add bacon and mushroom. Cook, stirring, for 4 to 5 minutes or until mushroom has softened. Add rice. Stir to coat. Add 1 cup cold water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until rice has absorbed liquid. Add 3/4 cup cold water. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until rice is tender. Remove from heat.
- Stir in cheese. Spread rice mixture on prepared tray. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until cool enough to handle.
- Using 1/4 cup rice mixture per ball, roll into 8 balls. Flatten slightly. Place on a plate. Place egg into a shallow bowl. Place polenta on a plate. Dip 1 risotto patty into egg, then polenta. Place on a plate. Repeat with remaining patties.
- Heat remaining oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook patties for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until browned and crisp. Set aside to cool. Divide patties between 4 microwave-safe containers. Place salad leaves in 4 snaplock bags. Refrigerate.
- At work: Microwave patties on high (100%) for 3 minutes or until heated through. Serve with salad leaves.