- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded, coarsely chopped
- 1 x 435g can refried beans
- 1 x 420g can Woolworths Select Mexican Chilli Beans
- 1 x 420g can red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 x 400g can diced Italian tomatoes
- 90g (1/3 cup) light sour cream
- 1 bunch coriander, leaves picked
- Mixed salad leaves, to serve
- Flour tortillas, to serve (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and capsicum and cook, uncovered, stirring, for 3 minutes or until the onion softens.
- Add the combined beans and tomato to the pan and stir until well combined. Increase heat to high and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Divide the bean mixture among serving bowls. Top with sour cream and coriander. Serve with mixed salad leaves and tortillas, if desired.
- Freezer tip: At the end of step 2, cool, label, date and freeze for up to three months. Thaw overnight in fridge. Reheat and continue from step 3.
Cooking Time15 minutes