- 1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup raw sugar
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup extra-light olive oil
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1/3 cup honey yoghurt
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut, toasted
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Lightly grease a 12-hole 1/3-cup capacity muffin pan.
- Sift flours, baking powder and cinnamon into a bowl. Stir in sugar and desiccated coconut. Make a well in the centre.
- Whisk banana, 1/4 cup honey, oil, egg and yoghurt in a jug. Pour into well. Gently fold until just combined. Three-quarter fill muffin holes with mixture. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand for 5 minutes in pan. Turn onto a wire rack.
- Heat remaining honey in microwave on HIGH (100%) for 20 seconds. Brush tops of warm muffins with warm honey. Sprinkle with toasted coconut. Serve warm.
- Diabetes-friendly: Replace the desiccated coconut with 1/2 cup rolled oats, and the honey yoghurt with low-fat plain yoghurt. Omit step 4.