- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 (about 1kg) boneless lamb shoulder
- 1 brown onion, halved, each half cut into thin wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 x 7cm cinnamon stick
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 500ml (2 cups) water
- 3 (about 1kg) quinces, peeled, cored, cut into thick wedges
- 1 tbs honey
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh coriander leaves
- Couscous, to serve
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Heat the oil in a large roasting pan over high heat. Add the lamb and cook for 3 minutes each side or until brown all over. Transfer to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add the onion and garlic to the pan and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until onion softens. Add the cumin, ginger, paprika and cinnamon and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add the lamb, stock cube, water and quince. Bring to the boil. Remove from heat. Cover the roasting pan tightly with foil.
- Roast in preheated oven for 1 1/2 hours. Remove from oven. Uncover and drizzle lamb evenly with honey. Roast, uncovered, for a further 30 minutes or until quince and lamb are tender. Remove from oven and set aside for 15 minutes to rest.
- Sprinkle the lamb with coriander and serve immediately with couscous.
Senin, 11 April 2011
Slow-roasted lamb & quince