- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, just thawed
- 4 chicken sausages
- 24 baby spinach leaves (optional)
- 1 lightly beaten egg
- chutney or barbecue sauce, to serve
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Place puff pastry on a flat work surface and cut in half. Snip the end off sausages and squeeze out the sausage mince in a straight line across the middle of each pastry strip on the longest side. Top with a couple of baby spinach leaves, if desired. Roll up pastry to form a long tube, trim the edges then cut each tube into three pieces. Place the sausage rolls on prepared tray. Brush lightly with egg. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Remove from the oven and set aside to stand for 5 minutes. Serve with chutney or barbecue sauce.
- These cheat's sausage rolls will help encourage basic culinary skills.